Who am I? Who are you?
Hello, my name is Yuri Sakamaki. I am an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher at California State University, Bakersfield. I operate the ESL program called American Language Institute at CSUB. I am originally from Osaka (the 2nd biggest city in my country), Japan. I came to California to earn a master's degree in education at CSUB. After finishing my education, I have been teaching ESL and Japanese as a foreign language in Japan and the U.S. I have been calling Bakersfield home for the last 15 years or so. I love learning about new cultures. Currently I am studying Spanish in the hope that some day I can move to a Spanish-speaking country and teach English and Japanese. I hope I will get to know a little bit about you, the book club members. International students and me (in the middle) at Thanksgiving Luncheon at CSUB (2019)
Comments
Post a Comment